Teaching Jobs Korea ESL Jobs in Korea & ESL Cafe
Teach English as a Second Language. Travel &Teach Abroad

Park English Recruitment Agency Inc.
English Jobs Korea
Online Application Program Info Procedure Testimonials Photos Q&A
Search Information
ESL Job Korea
Korean / English Dictionary
Teaching English as a Second Language In Korea
          Job Details
          How to Apply
          Online ESL Job Application
          Contact Us
          Job Listing
Teaching English In Korea
          Alien Registration Card
          Apostille in Korea
          Banking in Korea
          Basic Contract
          Benefits & Conditions
          Career Advice
          Cost of living
          Culture in Korea
          Currency Conversion
          Deductions from Salary
          Dress Code
          E-2 Visa Documents
          E-2 Visa Procedure
          F-4 Visa Procedure
          Education in Korea
          Food in Korea
          Garbage Disposal
          General Facts About Korea
          Hospitals for English Speakers
          Housing in Korea
          Important Contacts in Korea
          Internet in  Korea
          Interview Tips
          Korean Consulates
          Korea Tourism
          Korean Language
          Living in Korea
          Medical Insurance in Korea
          Our Company Verification
          Phones in Korea
          Police Background Check
          Public School Jobs
          Sending Money Home
          Severance Pay
          Sick Leave
          Students in Korea
          Tax information
          Teaching Privates
          Things to Bring
          Useful Links & Info
          Vacation & Holidays
          Visa Application Form
          Visa Issuance Number
          Weather in Korea
          Working Locations
  Medical Insurance
Medical Insurance
All English schools in Korea are required to provide their teachers with medical coverage for the duration of their contract. Normally the school will pay for half of your coverage and half the cost of your coverage will be deducted from your salary on a monthly basis. The cost for teachers for their medical coverage is typically 1.7% of your monthly salary.

When you first get to Korea with your E-2 visa, your school director or owner will bring you to the regional immigration office in order to register for your Foreign Registration Certificate. This is your legal identification within the country of Korea. In order to register for your Foreign Registration Certificate, you must apply in person at the regional immigration office. You will be fingerprinted and the cost to register is 10,000 Korean Won (USD 8.50) Your medical coverage won’t start until you receive your Foreign Registration Certificate, which usually takes a couple of weeks to process. You may want to purchase a temporary travel insurance policy to cover your initial period of sojourn in Korea, until your government provided insurance takes effect. The insurance provided by the school will cover basic medical and dental necessities, but will not cover cosmetic surgery or dental work, or optical care. Pre-existing conditions- (for example depression or MS) are also not covered under this plan. If you feel more comfortable going to a doctor that speaks English there are several Foreign Clinics and hospitals with English speaking staff in Seoul that accept the national insurance plan (the plan in which you will be enrolled), however you may want to call first to make sure.

There are opportunities for the schools to get private medical insurance but this can be quite expensive.

Neither kind of insurance is effective until after your residency in Korea has been processed, usually 2-4 weeks after arrival. We advise that all teachers buy travel insurance with medical coverage for 30-45 days following arrival in Korea. Common travel insurance that includes medical coverage will probably be fine.

Footprints has established a relationship with extended medical providers and travel insurance underwriters and screened teachers will be given the information to contact these people directly.


Living in Korea

Phones in Korea

Copyrights © 2006 All Rights Reserved.
Suite #1006 Union Tower, 44-34 Yoido-dong, Youngdeungpo-gu, Seoul, South Korea, 150-890
P: +82-2-749-1140 (KR) | F: +82-2-761-7783 (KR) | P: +1 (646) 233-3113 (US)
Business License #:107-87-50215, Business Plate #:2011-3180167-14-5-00024, Rep: Jaejin Shim, Meta Education Inc

Jobs South Korea | Teaching English Overseas | Teaching In Korea | Teaching Job In Korea | Teach English Abroad | Teaching English In South Korea
Teaching English As Foreign Language | ESL In South Korea | Teach English South Korea | English Jobs Korea

Sitemap  |  Directory